Ducommun's AC induction motors for downhole drilling and gas exploration are used worldwide by prime
oil service companies. The performance of our highly reliable
motors has been continuously improved over the last 20 years to provide unsurpassed
lifetimes in extremely harsh operating environments at high temperatures-high pressures (HTHP) up to 232°C (450°F) and 2068 bar (30,000 psi).
The motors are available from size 15 (OD 1.5") to size 38 (OD 3.8").
Our latest developments of high efficiency motors provide additional reliability for the increasingly demanding
downhole drilling environment.
The success of high temperature/pressure motors frequently requires units with
exceptionally long and thin motor designs from 1.5" dia x 9" long to 3.7"
dia x 14" long without gear heads. Ducommun has invested to acquire the required
tooling and expertise to routinely meet these requirements.
Features & Benefits
- High Temperatures-High Pressures (HTHP) up to 232°C (450°F) and 2068 Bar (30,000 psi) ambient temperature
- High efficiency design to support lowest temperature rise at downhole operation
- Single phase AC motor
- High starting torque
- 115 to 600 Volts, 60-400 Hz
- Qualified while immersed in Hydraulic Oil Per MIL-H-83282C
- Oil & gas exploration tools
- Rotary Steering Systems (RSS)
- Measurement While Drilling (MWD)
- Logging While Drilling (LWD)
- Tractor tools
- Completion tools
- Formation testing tools
- Hydraulic pumps
- Designed with Gear Heads
- Designs with feedback devices
- 3 phase designs
- Custom Designs